- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
- RN with current license in the State of Oregon or seek Oregon license
- 1 year pre/post op experienced preferred
- Successful completion of BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Interested applicants should contact Estella : email@example.com
Please include your resume and a brief description of how your skills fit the position.
|Job Title:||Surgery Technician|
|Department:||South Cascade Surgery Center|
|Prepared By:||Estella Woodley|
Summary: The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that all of the equipment needed for the procedure is properly disinfected and assembled.
- Check equipment is in working order.
- Place sterile solutions in areas where they can be easily reached by doctors.
- Carefully and properly handles sterilized items to ensure sterility is maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary equipment, instrumentation, and medications are available for each procedure.
- Responds in timely manner to requests from any OR staff for help with instruments and trays needed for cases.
- Responsible for the preparation of lab specimen and transfer from the sterile field.
- Assists with room cleaning and preparation for each surgical procedure.
- Performs duties in compliance to State and OSHA Regulations.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions. Working knowledge of washer-sterilizer, sonic, steam and gas sterilizers.
- Interpersonal – Keeps emotions under control. Must be sensitive to other people’s feelings and reactions – must understand pain and how it affects the patient.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Possess the tact necessary to communicate effectively with patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Team player – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Makes timely decisions.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to physician & supervisor’s direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate must pass Urine Analysis and criminal background check.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Post-secondary certificate or associate’s degree in the field to become surgical technologist.
Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting and/or the National Center for Competency Testing.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to patients, physicians, manager of department, etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Knowledge of modern office equipment, systems and procedures, including computer skills and type efficiently; an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Knowledge of medical software is a plus.
This is a fast paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in a medical office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and infectious diseases that require following established precautionary measures. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and aggressive individuals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. It requires periods of prolonged standing and walking up to 8 hours.
Interested applicants should contact Estella: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume and a brief description of how your skills fit the position